Sunday, August 5, 2007

London Marathon entry... Sent!




The ballot has just recently opened for the London Marathon and I've just applied!

I've also applied for a "golden bond placement" for the Kids Kidney Research charity in honour of my cousin Lois (Every charity has a number of these bond places to guarantee runners for their charity, but if you get a place form the official ballot you can still run for the charity, it means they can have even more runners).



I've got my training plan from the Flora website, which I've now started, but unfortunately I don't find out until November whether I get the place or not... Which is a bit annoying if I get a "golden bond placement" from the Kids Kidney Research charity as I have to pledge a minimum of £1250!! oO
One good thing about the the golden bond placements are quicker and I should find out in the next month or so...

I've got a plan to document the marathon training all the way to the day in another blog, one specific to the marathon, and also on film which I may youtube if its good enough!

I'm hoping RAG (The society that allows the university to raise money for charity) can help me out a bit if it is the case that I get a golden bond place, as I think I'm going to struggle to raise that huge figure... and if you don't you don't get to run!

I'm up to an hour and half on the exercise bike every day and short runs with some mates around the Lampeter countryside every other day... so I'm on track at the moment, but no major training as such just yet.

Its a bit annoying the wait between application and results of placement as all the training in the interim may be for naught... I suppose fitness is good regardless!

So until next time!
ttfn

Nic x

No comments: