Monday, November 12, 2007

A mini update

So... I've not vanished off the blogsphere .... yet... hehe

A mini update of what has been going on recently:

Have officially reached 28% of my fundraising total, thank you everyone who has kindly donated, you are all stars!

Broke my toe, a big set back to training as I've had to do nothing for at LEAST two weeks... I went back on my exercise bike last night for the first time, so I don't feel too bad now!
Worst thing about it is that I did it accidentally kicking a fishtank! Typical! I'll post more details later.

It is now officially exactly 5 months and 17 hours (at time of posting) until the London Marathon.... Scary stuff!

My first MA assignment was handed in last friday, a few niggling problems but overall a fairly smooth assignment of which I am very relieved about as I was panicking a little due to the 'newness' of the course. The semi finished product can be seen below:



Visited a conference in Gregynog, was really interesting. Met Mark Dowd who used to work for Panorama and has since made numerous documentaries for channel 4, most well known is Hallowed Be Thy Game which was also showcased at the conference. He was a really animated man, very intelligent, it was a great opportunity to meet him. Gave me a lot to think about in terms of filming, editing and scripting non-fiction.

I'm writing a 5min radio piece for Vision-thing the best of the groups get showcased on BBC Radio Wales which should be fun! More details when I know more...

I'm de-clutterfying my life, so stay tuned for some lovely ebay auctions that you can bid on which I can then convert into rent money!... Fun fun!

So back to the training next week... I'm on week 7 on the training plan, although I may take a step back after such a long pause.
I'll post again soon with my training schedule....

So until next time
ttfn!

No comments: