Thursday, June 21, 2007

Crafty craft!

Its been AGES since I've posted anything on a crafty nature... I think its about time I lived up to the blogs name and dished out some crafts!

I've been recently commissioned for two projects recently (paid too, even better!) one to make a fanart bag based on the character Yuki from Fruits Basket anime and the second was to make three keyrings of 3D beaded animals, two cats and one tortoise.

Neither project is fully complete. The first is delayed by the fact that I don't own my own sewing machine and I've had to rely on my mum's who lives about an hour and half drive away :/ Since she's making some new curtains at the moment, I've unfortunately been unable to liberate the sewing machine for the cause. Hopefully I'll have it next week or so...

I'm aiming to get this from an ebay listing:



At the time of posting this, the listing was currently at £41... I'm hoping it will stay roughly at that so I can bid, much more and I'll be out of the running :( I REALLY want it!

But back on topic... The first project the bag has come along, albeit slowly, I did as much as I could on a short visit to parentals home but the bulk will have to wait until I get my paws on a sewing machine.

The main image patch was made using faux suede, its SO soft I think I'm going to have to make a trip back to the fabric shop and buy some more.

The inner lining with a small little pocket.

I'm fairly pleased with it. There were some little errors with the patch, but it has been awhile since I've used a sewing machine so fair play its a bit wiggly around the ears!

The second project was three 3D beaded keyrings, specifically two cats and a tortoise. Fortunately these can be made without specific equipment other than my hands!


I've added a couple of pics of some different views of the beaded tortoise. Made with copper wire 34gauge and glass seed beads.






The cats are under construction, just a bundle of wire and beads! I'll post some pictures later.


So all in all a much needed craft session has descended upon me! Its good really, as its taken my mind off the whole mess that is my course and work and all the mundane blah of being a poor student/ or most people really I guess (rent and bills anyone?!).

Fingers crossed for that sewing machine eh?

So until next time
ttfn!

Nic
x

No comments: