Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Funny things people say....

I was in Spar yesterday and overheard something that made me chuckle....

Three people were talking about a recent divorce...

Female one: "Yeah well after two years, he finally signed the bloody papers... he wouldn't sign 'em, you know!"

Female two: "Och! That's terrible! Did you get one of those thingies... annledment? No, thats not it.."

Male one: "Annulee-ment?"

Female two: "Yeah, thats it an annulee-ment?"

Female one: "No, was married for too long for that innit, I couldn't get an annulment, I had to get on a whatcha-me-call-it"

Female two: "Ah! I know what you mean! Approachable differences?"

Male one: "Nah... it's not called that!"

Female two: "Tut, ooh whats it called Amicable differences?"

Female one: "Its something like that, yeah"

Female two: "... I'm sure it's amicable differences..."

Male one: "...er...."

Female one: "Maybe it is... I dunno, it doesn't sound right... close though..."

Me popping out from behind the isle: "I think you mean irreconcilable differences"

Female two: "THAT'S IT! THAT'S IT! Irr... Irroc... go on say it again..."

Me: "Irreconcilable differences"

Female two: "Ah! Yeh, irreconcilable differences! THANK YOU! See look at her and her long words... you a student?"

Me: "Yes"

Female two: "See all those students! I knew she was a student! Didn't I say she was a student?!"

Male one: *nods* "yeh"


I left the store....


"Amicable differences" Surely thats not even possible?? Made me laugh anyways...

So until next time
ttfn

Nic

X

1 comment:

BecsLifeOnline said...

Haha I wonder if this was the same customer who once informed me that she had a "photogenic memory"!