Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A farewell to Monty... and making some sushi

So... once again I've neglected this poor blog... A big slap on the wrist for that I do apologise, I can't use uni work as an excuse as I currently have no assignments to do!

So what have I been doing with this valuable time?

Well since the last blog one of my dear pets has died. Monty had unfortunately passed away after the vet found a growth on his liver and it seemed to be too unfair to put him through what would have been a very painful existence purely for the sole selfish reason that we couldn't let go... so the best course was to let him be put to sleep peacefully.



He was perfectly happy and healthy the day before, but apparently knicked the growth while playing which led to internal bleeding, the vet said he wasn't in any pain just slight discomfort... he was 13 afterall, a fairly old age for a Scottie... Monty you will be missed dreadfully but you lived as you wanted, grumpy and doing exactly what you wanted to do!

We had him cremated in the end.... it was a bit expensive but we wanted to bury him in the garden and the cost didn't really matter in the scheme of things. We were going to plant an Azelea but when it came down to it (I took a week of work to go home for a bit and say goodbye) we couldn't do it, so he remains where he was most happy, on the window sill of the living room looking out at the holiday makers. :) Until we're ready I think he's staying there....



On a lighter note... After coercing Bec to try sushi (which she discovered she actually quite likes) we thought it was time to take it to the next level... and try and push our student culinary skills and make some sushi from scratch!



Seaweed and rolling mat to start.....



Me doing some layering.... Sticky rice really lives up to its name!!



Rolling...



Finished? Not quite....



Starting to look more like sushi...



Now THAT looks like sushi!



Wo tanoshinde kudasai!!

It was very nice, although I think we made a bit too much for the both of us, especially since we made miso chicken noodle soup to start and made a bit too much of that too! Oops!

WTF FACTOR FRIDAY has been put on hold... until I find some nice WTF videos and sites and since this blog seems to suffer from sporadic posting other than WTF entries I thought I would leave it be for awhile and see what my actual posting rates is :D Don't worry though its not vanishing, just less frequent!

So until next time
ttfn

Nic
x

No comments: